The top 10 reasons to choose Joeffice
- Have a lot of documents open at the same time and easily switch from one to another.
- It's free and you can install it next to your existing office suite.
- It's written in Java - the most popular computer language
- It's open source, released under the Apache 2.0 license.
- Docking system allow you to visualize several documents in the same window.
- Works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
- It can be deployed online
- Smart favorites files
- It has an update and plug-in online system
- It works with Microsoft document formats (docx, xslx, pptx)
It's an Open Source Java-based office suite:
- Get data from Java libraries (JDBC, JPA, LDAP, ...).
- Get data through web services (RMI, SOAP, REST)
- Get data from text files, xml files or your own specific format
- Add your customs actions (e.g. Swing actions/UI or JavaFX).
- Reuse the components in your company software (JTable, JTextPane)
- Java developers can easily improve or customize the software.
- Can be distributed with commercial products, thanks to the Apache 2.0 license.
Advantages of the NetBeans Platform
- A lot of available documentation online & in books.
- Plug-in management with online plug-in catalog.
- Widely tested / used.
- Window docking system.
- Quick search in actions, options, file names, help
- Module management (e.g. add your own module)
- Update system
Open Source Advantage:
- Community: Profit from the community patches / feedback / help
- Customize: Adapt it your way (no need to wait for a patch)
- Quality: Everybody can review / improve code
- Freedom: No vendor lock-in
- No per-copy fee: Deploy on unlimited computers for unlimited users during unlimited times